I am Simonas Kazlauskas, a software engineer based in Vilnius, Lithuania.
I believe in portable, reliable and free software. Most of the open source software I produce is cross-platform and oftentimes is aimed at enabling other developers to implement similarly portable solutions. See my profile at GitHub for a non-exhaustive list of open-source projects I have created, maintain or contribute to.
Profesionally I have worked on projects such as:
- websites, spanning both backend and frontend;
- embedded firmware, primarily for IoT-grade utility meters;
- systems for processing high throughput data;
- GStreamer-based network video processing applications;
- putting novel (at the time) tech such as Rust and Nix into production;
- WebAssembly runtimes and tooling…
Sending me an e-mail is the most effective way to reach me with questions, suggestions, comments, contract offers and similar. You can also find me at these places: